A new church photo album and directory is in the making! The newly installed Deaconesses, Gloria Smith and Kyra Wooden and the Deacons-In-Training Kenyatta Hobson and Stephanie Thomas have come together to form the Church Photo Album Project Committee. Deaconess Smith is serving as Chair and Deacon-In-Training Stephanie Thomas is serving as Vice Chair. All members of our church family are invited and strongly encouraged to be part of the Photo Album by making an appointment with the photographers. Here are a few key points:
• Each family that makes an appointment and gets their photo taken will receive a FREE copy of the directory. For example, if there are 5 people in your family, your family would receive 1 FREE directory. If you would like to obtain additional copies, they will be available for purchase.
• Each family that makes an appointment and gets their photo taken will receive a FREE 8 x 10 printed photo. For example, if there are 5 people in your family, your family would receive 1 FREE photo. If you would like to obtain additional photos, they will be available for purchase.
• We hope to have your beautiful pictures and to capture as much contact information as you would like to share in the directory.
• We are also hoping to have group pictures as well. These group pictures will consist of different church organizations such as the Ministerial staff, Deacons, Deaconesses, Administrative staff, Church choirs, Ushers and The Progressive Adults to name just a few. Community and Civic organizations such as fraternities, sororities, the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, etc., are also encouraged to be a part of the directory. Any other group or groups that would like to be represented in the book are welcome and encouraged to make an appointment to be photographed.
• If you are an entrepreneur or if you possess a skill – for example, if you are a Red Cross-certified babysitter, you can contact the committee to get information on advertising in the new directory.
• Please sign up with a committee member or sign up for an appointment now using this link.
• Photography days are as follows:
o Tuesday, July 17th 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm
o Wednesday, July 18th 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm
o Friday July 27th 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm
o Saturday, July 28th 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
• Committee members will be available on Sunday, July 8th in the Fellowship Hall to sign up anyone who would like to schedule an appointment to pictures.
• If you have any questions, please contact Deaconess Gloria Smith. She can be reached at (202) 237-1572.