Announcements for Sunday, August 2, 2020
Tuesday Evening Virtual Bible Study is in summer recess.
Choir Connection Call: Join the Music Ministry every Wednesday evening on Zoom from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm EST. Choir Connection provides a space for choir members, past, present, and potential, to see each other’s faces, hear each other’s voices, and lift up songs and prayers together. All are welcome, and there are video and dial-in options. Please email Deacon Deborah Crain Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org for contact information. For additional information about the church’s choirs and music ministry, contact Min. Kenny Peagler at email@example.com.
Wishing Pastor Roberts and Safe and Restful Vacation: Pastor Roberts will be taking a much deserved vacation after this Sunday’s service. He will return to the pulpit on Sunday, September 13. We wish him a restorative time off to spend time with family and reflect on his relationship with God. While Pastor will be away, we have a stellar line-up of preachers in his absence. You won’t want to miss any of these outstanding preachers.
- August 9 Rev. Reginald Townsend
- August 16 Rev. Robin Turner
- August 23 Minister Leslie Wiley
- August 30 Guest Preacher, Rev. William H. Lamar, IV
- September 6 Rev. Dr. Cheryl Coleman Hall
Senior Ministry Zoom Workshops: The Senior Ministry is offering a series of virtual workshops about “Using Zoom,” beginning Saturday, August 8. The classes will be taught by a D.C. Public Library instructor at no charge. All classes are offered via Zoom and begin at 1 p.m. Join us for one or all of the following classes:
- Saturday, August 8 — Basic Zoom. Learn basic Zoom skills.
- Saturday, August 15 — Intermediate Zoom. Learn more advanced scheduling and hosting skills.
- Saturday, August 29 — Advanced Zoom. Learn tips and tricks for more experienced Zoom users.
Update on Church Response to the Pandemic: On July 30, an eblast was sent updating the congregation on our response to the pandemic and future plans for re-opening. In part the letter read, “We are all looking forward to the day when we once again gather in person as a large group, but that time is not now. Our church will remain in Phase One of the District of Columbia’s reopening plan for now.” It went on to cite the criteria that would need to be met before returning to in person service which included:
- The need to see fewer coronavirus cases in the D.C. metropolitan area.
- The need to secure new safety equipment and additional PPE supplies.
- The need to determine the best way to use our resources (financial and people) to comply with the Phase Two Guidance issued by the District of Columbia for places of worship (cleaning, disinfecting, social distancing, screening, and monitoring).
Luckily we’ve proven that the church is much more than a building as we’ve found many ways to worship and fellowship together. To see the entire letter see COVID 19 Updates on everyblessing.org.
Join Our Church School Summer Sessions
See below all of the great things the Church School will be doing this summer. There’s something for all ages!
- Join the Adult class for a study of Parables of the Bible. Classes will continue to be held on Sunday’s from 9:00 am – 9:40 am using the same phone number: (605) 475-4000 and access code: 659473# See the lesson leaders and outline
- Pre-K – First Grade (6 and under) and Middlers (ages 7 – 10) will continue to meet on Sunday at 1:00 pm and will be studying the Fruit of the Spirit. Each lesson will include a video presentation along with the lesson discussion and our theme song. At the end of the summer sessions we will be giving attendance awards.
Or call +1 646 558 8656 US
Meeting ID: 810 4883 4575
Note: Middlers ages 11 – 13 are welcome to join the Tweens class on 2nd and 4th Sunday
- Introducing Tween and Teen Classes. We are debuting a new Tweens class for students that are 11 – 13 years old. Tweens and Teens (14- 17) will both meet – in separate breakout rooms – on the 2nd and 4th Sundays in July and August. Tweens and Teens will be studying Becoming Me…Life Lessons on Friendship, Instafame, Making an Impact, Disappointment and Encouragement.
Join via Zoom at: https://zoom.us/j/692905919? pwd= K0paUUpZbUozVjdIZERBbjFpRFdpZz 09
Meeting ID: 692 905 919
Access code 692-905-919
Stay Connected. There are many ways to keep up with the activities of the church.
- Our weekly eblast is sent every Saturday. If you wish to receive the eblast send your email address to June Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the church website at https://everyblessing.org/
- Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Everyblessing.org/
- Our monthly newsletter The Epistle is available the first of every month on our website.
Check these helpful communications tools often to find out information about:
- Sunday Service
- Sunday School Classes for Adults, Teens and Youth
- Youth Church
- Bible Study Classes
- Prayer Calls and Prayer Meeting
- Upcoming Events