Announcements for Sunday, June 28, 2020
This Sunday is Men’s Day. Make sure the livestream our service and celebrate with the men of Nineteenth Street.
Vacation Bible School begins Monday, June 29. You should have received information about which session your child should attend and the Zoom information to connect. If you have not received the information or if you have questions, contact:
- Elvinese Wyche, Program Director (202) 345-0944
- Michann Williams, Program Registrar (301) 742-0430
- Church Office, (202) 829-2773 (Please leave a message if there’s no answer.)
This Tuesday, June 30th, we continue with our Growing in Grace Virtual Bible Study series, “Experiencing God in the Midst of a Crisis.” The text is Romans, chapter 8. Our teacher will be Associate Minister Rev. Dr. Cheryl Coleman Hall. Join us at 7:00 pm on YouTube and on Facebook.
As a caring church body, we are commissioned to help those in need, particularly during these tough times. Thanks to your generosity we will be donating $2,000.00 each to five area charitable organizations:
- Bread for the City
- House of Ruth
- Martha’s Table
- The Samaritan Inns
- So Others May Eat (SOME).
Your continuing generosity allows us to be generous to others.
Next Sunday, July 5th will be our fourth virtual communion – Bring Your Own Elements. We will have communion using the elements you have at home – bread and water; a roll and juice; cracker and punch; etc. Gather the elements you wish to use and have them ready for next Sunday.
Congratulations to our very own Rev. Robin Turner on her new position as Politico’s Director of Editorial Diversity Initiatives “focusing on expanding diversity and inclusion in Politico’s newsroom, along with training programs for journalists of color in their early career.”
We received a thank you note from:
Sister Sheila Jordan for the prayers, cards, emails, thoughts, many well-wishes and acts of kindness during her recent hospitalization (not COVID-19 related). She is home, feeling better and thanking God for her church family.
Stay Connected. There are many ways to keep up with the activities of the church.
- Our weekly eblast is sent every Saturday. If you wish to receive the eblast send your email address to June Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the church website at https://everyblessing.org/
- Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Everyblessing.org/
- Our monthly newsletter The Epistle is available the first of every month on our website.
Check these helpful communications tools often to find out information about:
- Sunday Service
- Sunday School Classes for Adults, Teens and Youth
- Youth Church
- Bible Study Classes
- Prayer Calls and Prayer Meeting
- Upcoming Events